I’m currently on my second oily pregnancy – I’ve had the privilege of using essential oils used before, during and after both of my pregnancies!
I share some of the things that helped support my pregnancies during the third trimester for common things that may come up. I’m not a medical professional, just sharing my experiences and best practices, so be sure to talk with your doctor or midwife if you’re unsure about something!
Hey Mama! Sign up to receive your Free Pregnancy Affirmations printable and phone wallpapers to use throughout your pregnancy and postpartum journey.[mailpoet_form id=”6″]
Links to other trimesters and pregnancy topics below!
The third trimester is when it seems like everything gets a little bit harder, a little more uncomfortable, slower, less energy, a little more anxious feelings as you near your due date and just all around a little more of everything ? Here’s a list of some of my favorites for this time!
- Oils for Focus: InTune, Thinker
- Oils for Energy: Peppermint, Wild Orange, Mito2Max
- Oils for Stress: Adaptiv, Balance, Elevation, Bergamot; my favorite diffuser blend during this trimester has been 2-3 drops Citrus Bliss + 1-2 drops Elevation!
- Oils for Sleep: Serenity, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Bergamot; take a look at my class replay all about sleep and ways to maximize your sleep to the best you can before baby comes!
- Using allllllll the Deep Blue – primarily the rub – for occasional muscle and joint soreness, especially in my lower back and hips!
- Restless leg/growing pains: 10 drops each AromaTouch, Siberian Fir, Copaiba, Frankincense, combine in 10mL roller bottle and top off with FCO, apply as needed; I’ve also been taking magnesium every night before bed, along with epsom salt baths and that’s been helping tremendously!
- Circulation, veins: 10 drops each Cypress, AromaTouch, Helichrysum in a 10mL roller bottle, apply as needed
- Fluid Retention: 4 drops each Lemon, Grapefruit, AromaTouch, Cypress, lavender, ginger, combine in 10mL roller bottle and top off with FCO, apply as needed; use caution with citrus oils and the sun (omit citrus oils for topical use if necessary)
- Edema Support blend: 10 Cypress, 5 Ginger, 5 Lavender, 5 Lemon, 10 Aromatouch, blend together in 2oz fractionated coconut oil, apply as needed
- Itchy belly: Immortelle + Magnolia rolled on, then I like to apply the Beautiful Body Mist, Yarrow|Pom Body Serum or Body Butter on top! Aloe vera can also help relieve itchiness.
- Stretch marks: Immortelle + Yarrow|Pom Body Serum has been an incredible duo! Yarrow|Pom helps stimulate collagen production = great for your skin!
- Black Spruce: add this oil to your pregnancy tool kit! Rub onto lower abdomen for immune support and placental support, inhale or diffuse to help support feeling confident and connected