Daily preventive health habits are one of my favorite topics. I have seen a subtle yet dramatic change in my life by implementing simple lifestyle shifts into my daily routines.
“Consistently repeated daily actions + time = inconquerable results. What you do today matters. What you do everyday matters.”The Slight Edge, by Jeff Olson
Classes happen every Tuesday night at 8pm CST, live on Facebook and Instagram, then uploaded to my YouTube Channel on Wednesday along with the class notes on the blog.
Let’s address the elephant in the room, it does cost money to stay healthy, but maybe not as much money as you think. The money you might be spending on frequent doctor visits and regular medications can be redirected to proactive daily healthy habits.
Take preventive measures right now and take care of your body. Be proactive and preventive. Not reactive when pain and sickness arise
There are 2 kinds of habits, those that serve you and those that don’t. Eating a bag full of candy in two days? Not serving you. Replacing candy with broccoli? Serving you and blessing your body.
Evaluate your habits and plan out what you want to implement. Stack your habits together, tie a new habit to an existing one. If you drink a glass of water first thing when you wake up, upgrade the habit by adding in lemon essential oil. Then stack a new habit after that, apply Balance on the bottoms of your feet and a drop of Frankincense under your tongue.
We’ve all heard the saying, “it takes 21 days to make a habit,” right? Guess what, that’s actually referring to the minimum number of days it takes. It actually takes on average, 66 days! You don’t have to be “perfect” at it either. Forgetting to do something here and there has no measurable impact on your long-term habits.
Sign up for my newsletter to get your free Lifestyle Shift Guide and information all about implementing new habits to see positive shifts in your life.
Take baby steps when implementing positive health changes in your life. Review doTERRAs Wellness Lifestyle Pyramid and focus on improving one area at a time (also found on page 3 here).
Remember, your life is a marathon not a sprint. Healthy habits are not a finish line to be crossed, but rather a lifestyle to be achieved.
- Eat Right: LLV is foundational, stock your fridge with fruits & veggies that are washed, prepped and ready to eat. Check out my Produce Wash and Storing Fresh Berries Posts for all my tips & tricks!
- Exercise: go for a 10 minute walk every day, try to sweat daily for 30 minutes
- Rest & Manage Stress: Balance on your feet morning & night, diffuse & apply Lavender, Serenity or other calming oils for restful sleep
- Reduce Toxic Load: drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water daily with Lemon or other citrus oil in it for a gentle detox, eliminate soda, take the time to clean your fresh produce and reduce pesticides you may be exposed to
- Self-Care: On Guard on the bottom of feet every night to stay healthy, Adaptiv throughout the day for stress management, Frankincense under tongue daily for all around cellular support
Can you think of a more important thing to invest in than your health and well-being?
5 thoughts on “Daily Preventive Habits”
Comments are closed.