Repurposing broken crayons into new colorful crayons using fun molds is such a nice way to bring new life to crayons and have less waste! Add some essential oils to the crayons to make the crayons smell fun, add something special to the crayons and of course, sneak some aromatherapy into your child’s playtime coloring session!
I made these for Brock’s birthday favors for his daycare friends! I put a couple star shaped crayons into a little rocketship to fit with the theme, “Brocketship goes TWO the moon” – I can’t resist a good pun!
You’ll need broken crayons, a silicone mold (my favorites are down below) and essential oil of your choice. I chose Wild Orange for Brock’s birthday favors, but Citrus Bliss, Lavender, Serenity, Balance or Adaptiv would also make great choices!
- Preheat oven to 250°, put parchment paper onto baking sheet to catch any crayon drips
- Remove wrappers from crayons, to make it easier to remove, soak the crayons in warm water with a drop or two of Lemon
- Place small broken crayon pieces into the mold
- Place mold on a baking sheet and set in oven for 10-15 minutes
- Once melted, remove from oven and add a drop of essential oil of your choice to each crayon
- Cool, then remove from mold