I leave next Tuesday for doTERRA’s Annual Convention! It’s a great time to connect into the heart of doTERRA, Co-Impact Sourcing stories and Healing Hands foundation, along with learning about the new products and the science behind thing!
In this class, I talk about things to bring doTERRA’s Convention, but I also share practical travel tips specific to air travel and attending big events!
Classes happen every Tuesday night at 8pm CST, live on Facebook and Instagram, then uploaded to my YouTube Channel on Wednesday along with the class notes on the blog.
Flying with essential oils:
- Essential oils can go through the TSA scanners and have had no impact on the quality, puracy and potency of the oils – doTERRA tested oils before and after!
- I love checking my bag so I’ll put some oils that I want on my trip, but don’t need on the plane, in my checked bag. I typically put them in their own bag – sometimes oils on the rim will rub off on other things
- I most definitely bring them in my carry on bag! Some TSA Security Checks follow the liquid rule for essential oils and some don’t.. it’s not something I want to risk, so I put my oils in my liquids bag.
- I like these reusable, TSA Approved quart bags for my carryon liquids
- The convention session I’m attending is in a stadium, which means it follows the stadium clear bag rule.
- I got this clear bag for the sessions and I’ll bring some of my smaller items in my reusable quart bag! My stainless steel water bottle fits inside it.
- This clear bag has a water bottle pouch on the outside. Both of them zip on the top, which was a must for me.
- I’m also not opposed to carrying that bag around the airport.. too embarrassing?
Prep your immune system
- Start taking On Guard + Softgels a week before you leave and during the event. You want to be in optimal health, not only are you exposed to more germs, but your body will get more rundown with the walking and excitement events/activities
- On Guard Hand Sanitizer for all the things
- On Guard beadlets just in case
- On Guard Throat Drops for dry scratchy throat
- Our Lifelong Vitality (LLV) supplements are foundational to my health, immune system and energy levels, so those are a must have when I travel!
- I like this pill sorter for my supplements
- I also started taking Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C to help my immune system and the absorption of collagen (more to come on this)
Think about where you are traveling to
- I anticipate some seasonal discomfort so I’m bringing TriEase Softgels. As much as I like making my own veggie cap with the oils at home, I definitely love the convenience of traveling with premed softgels.
- Check out some of my favorite ways to travel with softgels
I bring my own food!
- I love my Bulletproof coffee in the morning so I’ll be bringing travel sachets of collagen peptides
- You can also bring travel packs of vanilla ghee and MCT oil, plus a handheld frother
Other must haves:
- Energy: Mito2Max, Peppermint & Wild Orange
- Sore muscles: Deep Blue Rub, AromaTouch for your circulation after a long day of travel or walking
- Sample packs of the On Guard Toothpaste, Shampoo and Conditioner
- Skin: I’ll be in a dryer climate than I’m used to, so I’m definitely bringing Citrus Bliss Lotion (it’s small enough for my carry on) and a small dropper bottle of Yarrow|Pom – it’s so nourishing to my skin!
- Motion sick: Peppermint Touch, Ginger Drops, DigestZen
- Focus during the sessions: Thinker, InTune, Peppermint, Slim & Sassy Gum
- Tension: PastTense, Frankincense, Deep Blue, Peppermint
- Bring your favorite, most used oils – for me that’s Balance, Wild Orange, Magnolia and Frankincense!
- Don’t panic if you don’t have all the oils, someone will and/or the product showcase will!
Reusable stainless steel water bottle + your fave citrus oils – I’ve been loving Green Mandarin and Wild Orange lately!
Diffuser – if you’re sharing a room, coordinate with the others in your room, and make sure someone is bringing a diffuser!
- Make sure you have plenty of free space on your phone
- Portable phone charger: this is my favorite one, it can charge 2 devices at once and can give multiple full charges without having to recharge the device multiple times