I’m currently on my second oily pregnancy – I’ve had the privilege of using essential oils used before, during and after both of my pregnancies!
This class in my pregnancy/postpartum mini series is ALL about what supplements to use. The supplements I share are safe in pregnancy and safe in breastfeeding (SIP/SIB). I’m not a medical professional, just sharing my experiences and best practices, so be sure to talk with your doctor or midwife if you’re unsure about something!
Links to other trimesters, pregnancy topics and supplement facts below!
Lifelong Vitality Supplements or even the Daily Nutrient Pack with just Microplex VMz and xEO Mega make an excellent prenatal vitamin! They are bioavailable so your body is able to absorb all the nutrients. Some people may find they need to supplement with a little extra folate – I did during my first pregnancy! This time around I’m proactively taking Chlorophyll instead – it provides a bioavailable form of iron the body can use, and I’ve gotta say my hemoglobin levels and energy levels have been amazing this time around!
I’ve also been taking liquid Vitamin D/K2 drops every morning with my Chlorophyll shot – I usually add them to a smoothie or drink in orange juice or pom juice. Research suggests that omen who take high doses of vitamin D during pregnancy have a greatly reduced risk of complications, including gestational diabetes, preterm birth, and infection.
My other favorite supplement in the second and third trimester has been Magnesium powder. I’ve been getting crazy leg cramps and charley horses at night and this has been a HUGE game changer for me! It took about 4 days of consistently taking before bed to really notice a difference.
- TerraZyme: a digestive enzyme that I take with every meal and sometimes before going to bed. It helps my body digest and fully absorb all the nutrients in my food and even helps with occasional nausea and digestive discomfort
- PB Assist+: I really think probiotics make the world go round! Your immune health lies in your gut health, which means healthy gut = healthy body! It supports a positive balance and proliferation of beneficial bacteria, maintains healthy intestinal microflora balance and supports healthy functioning of the digestive and immune systems. I like to take 1-3 after dinner, before bed.
- Bone Nutrient Complex: it provides optimal levels of vitamins and minerals essential for developing and maintaining healthy bone mass and density throughout pregnancy and provides an excellent source of calcium and magnesium. It also contains vitamin D2 and D3 to help bones absorb calcium.
- Phytoestrogen: it helps balance and support normal hormone levels, including the up and down emotional rollercoaster of pregnancy! This has helped tremendously with staying even-keeled and calm throughout this pregnancy
- Mito2Max: all natural energy and stamina complex without the caffeine, perfect to use when you’re feeling exhausted in the first and third trimester! I like taking one with lunch
- Adaptiv Capsules: I can’t believe I forgot to talk about these in the video! They are a great support for adapting to stressful situations, calming to the mind and body, promotes mental wellness and positive feelings
- DDR Prime: supports healthy cellular integrity and protects body and cells from oxidative stress
- On Guard + Softgels: I like to take these when I’m feeling under the weather or when I’m out in public a lot to keep my immune system strong and supported
- Copaiba: my favorite for calming and relaxing my mind before bed! I also use it throughout the day to support my body and relieve any occasional tension I may be feeling
All things pregnancy and postpartum:
Did I miss any of your favorite supplements during pregnancy and postpartum?
Supplement Facts sheets:
- Lifelong Vitality & Daily Nutrient Pack
- PB Assist+
- Bone Nutrient Complex
- Adaptiv Capsules