I’m currently on my second oily pregnancy – I’ve had the privilege of using essential oils used before, during and after both of my pregnancies!
I share some of the things that helped support my pregnancies during the second trimester for common things that may come up. I’m not a medical professional, just sharing my experiences and best practices, so be sure to talk with your doctor or midwife if you’re unsure about something!
Links to other trimesters and pregnancy topics below!
- Tummy issues: morning sickness ended around the beginning of my second trimester (praise!), but towards the middle of my second trimester, I started dealing with some feelings of acid reflux and indigestion – no fun! But I think I’d rather take that over morning sickness! DigestTabs were SO helpful, they combine DigestZen blend with calcium carbonate and work quickly! I also continue to take TerraZyme with every meal to help with digestion
- Joint circulation: AromaTouch and Neroli have been my best friends! I apply them to my feet, calves and shins before bed – really anywhere that experiences discomfort and restlessness in the middle of the night. I also started taking Magnesium every night which has helped so much!
- Hormones: Balance, Wild Orange and Elevation have been my go-to oils and blends for keeping my hormones and emotions in check, along with Phytoestrogen daily and maintaining my daily health habits
- Achy back: I like to use Deep Blue Rub throughout the day with Copaiba or Frankincense layered on first and then Aromatouch at night – it’s a little less invigorating for me and the Marjoram in it helps me sleep. I also like to take Copaiba internally throughout the day as needed. Epsom salt baths are another must! I usually add Copaiba, Marjoram and Lavender to the epsom salts.
- Itchy belly: Immortelle + Magnolia rolled on, then I like to apply the Beautiful Body Mist, Yarrow|Pom Body Serum or Body Butter on top! Aloe vera can also help relieve itchiness.
- Stretch marks: Immortelle + Yarrow|Pom Body Serum has been an incredible duo! Yarrow|Pom helps stimulate collagen production = great for your skin!
- Black Spruce: add this oil to your pregnancy tool kit! Rub onto lower abdomen for immune support and placental support, inhale or diffuse to help support feeling confident and connected