For all the years I’ve been making my own homemade cleaners, I’m genuinely surprised I didn’t know how awesome and effective hydrogen peroxide was at cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting.
Grab a cloth go to town wiping down all your high touch surfaces ?? Tonight I sprayed all my kitchen surfaces down with the supercharged sprays, let it sit for 10 minutes & then wiped down.. makes me wonder if I should have been doing this all along and not just during a health crisis? ??
DIY Recipes with Hydrogen Peroxide
- All Purpose Spray: combine 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide + 1 cup water + 10 drops EO (On Guard + Grapefruit is my fave duo!)
- Add 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide to your On Guard All Purpose Cleaner
- Add 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide to your Granite/Natural Stone Cleaner for an added sanitizing boost
- You can also use straight hydrogen peroxide on surfaces for a more powerful cleanser and disinfectant
- Add directly to your toilet for a toilet bowl cleaner
Do not add it to your DIY cleaning recipes if it has vinegar in it. Do not combine hydrogen peroxide with vinegar. Together, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar create peracetic acid which is an irritant for eyes, skin and internal organs – especially your lungs.