This is such a simple DIY for you to do and actually, I don’t know that I should even call it a DIY, but instead just call it foaming hand soap refill, because that’s essentially what you’re doing – refilling the pump! It’s also cost-effective, gentle, and most importantly effective! Watch my simple how to video below!
I also ordered these travel sized soap dispensers (3 pack or 12 pack) to take with me when I travel and to have in the car in case we’re out and about or at the park and don’t have access to soap to wash our hands!
What You’ll Need:
- Foaming hand soap dispenser: 3 pack, single glass, travel
- Castile soap, preferably unscented, Castile soap is made by the saponification of plant oils. No synthetic surfactants, toxins or preservatives needed.
- Essential oils
- Vegetable glycerin
- Fill your foaming hand soap dispenser a little less than halfway with unscented Castile soap
- Add about 10 drops essential oil (Douglas Fir + Grapefruit or On Guard + Tangerine are my fave combos lately)
- Bonus: add a few drops of vegetable glycerin to make it a little thicker, creamier and lather better
- Top off with water (not all the way to the top, leave a little space for the pump), pop the lid on & shake to combine