Wondering about oil safety during pregnancy? I did a class on that last month, including what to avoid and dilution, check out the replay here!
I’m currently on my second oily pregnancy – I’ve had the privilege of using essential oils used before, during and after both of my pregnancies!
I share some of the things that helped support my pregnancies during the first trimester for common things that may come up. I’m not a medical professional, just sharing my experiences and best practices, so be sure to talk with your doctor or midwife if you’re unsure about something!
Guess what?! Lifelong Vitality Supplements or even the Daily Nutrient Pack with just Microplex VMz and xEO Mega make an excellent prenatal vitamin! They are bioavailable so your body is able to absorb all the nutrients. Some people may find they need to supplement with a little extra folate – I did during my first pregnancy! This time around I’m proactively taking Chlorophyll instead – it provides a bioavailable form of iron the body can use.
- Hormones! Our hormones are so fun and tend to go a little bit crazy during pregnancy, especially the first trimester for me! Phytoestrogen has been huge for me to support balanced hormones, I can totally notice when I forget to take it for a day or two, talk about more mood swings and crying more often for no reason! And of course, use your favorite emotions oils! I love Balance, Cheer, Adaptiv, Elevation and our other mood oils – check out more suggestions here.
- Nausea! I had constant 24/7 morning sickness that felt like motion sickness this pregnancy so I tried out a lot. Sea Bands were one of my best friends that helped curb a lot of the nausea. DigestTabs were one of my most used products, along with TerraZyme with every meal. I also used a lot of Peppermint, Tamer, Ginger & Ginger Drops, Magnolia and DigestZen, as often as needed, aka all day. I also added in an extra Vitamin B6 and Vitamin D/K2 supplement which helped!
- Head Tension! I don’t know what it is about the first trimester, but I always seem to get more head tension than usual. I love taking a drop of Copaiba under my tongue and a drop of Frankincense pressed up on the roof of my mouth to help with this. I also apply Frankincense, Peppermint, Deep Blue or PastTense topically to my temples and back of neck as often as needed. You can make a roller bottle blend of 10 Peppermint, 8 Frankincense, 6 Lavender, 6 Copaiba
- Energy! Definitely listen to your body and relax and sleep when you need it, but in case you need a pep in your step and energy throughout the day, turn to Mito2Max, Motivate, Peppermint + Wild Orange
- Muscle and Joints! So many things are moving, shifting and adjusting. I love using AromaTouch, Deep Blue, Marjoram, Copaiba or Frankincense
- Tender Breasts! This really showed up in my first trimester with baby #1 and now in my second trimester with baby #2. Lavender, Geranium, Ylang Ylang or ClaryCalm will be your breast friends.. hehe couldn’t resist! Apply to the top of your breast as needed.